EvaSoul

Just me my thoughts, my writings, my blog space*

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The chimes click against the window, the echo of the wind is deep and thick, the attic creeks almost as if someone was walking above my head, but no such luck. The house is quite empty. I look around and the onset of a storm is whistling outside, are they trying to tell me something, why do they keep crying for my attention. I have things to do, they could just as easily go about their business and leave me be. I can barely hear the TV and I can’t concentrate on my book. You don’t realize I have my candles and matches ready in case you continue to harass me and try leaving me in the dark. I hear you, I am listening patiently to your every move. My eyes follow the sounds, I am one step ahead and I know eventually you will leave. Yes, you will leave as your kind always does, and I’ll be here. Yes, I’ll be here alright, since the sun isn’t much fun, I’ll be here, it doesn’t talk to me or pick on me like you do, at least I can argue with you, even if you raise your voice, you are harmless to me. I mean, I should appreciate the company even if unusual, I am bored out of mind half the time and I don’t have anyone to talk to, but I have you don’t I. Well what are you waiting for? Let the storm set in, why are you holding back, let me know you are still here. What are you scared of, my lights are flickering, my candles are near their end, yet you can’t come out and say it, can you? You just want to make it hard on me and in the end you’ll still have the last laugh. Can’t you just stay, spare me the time of waiting until you return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home