EvaSoul

Just me my thoughts, my writings, my blog space*

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I want cheesecake!
I want pollution, I want pizza and Ben & Jerry’s.
I want Times Square and the little ghetto bus, I want to read while I travel through midtown.
I want to smile at a stranger and look at others who are even stranger and I want to step into the subway and stand holding the rail. Ok, am lying I can’t reach the one on top, so I’ll hold the vertical one. I want to look as if I know where I am going and watch everyone else scattering in their own direction. I want to hear the music echo of the underground and independent artists breathing and living their art. I want to see the fashion, each original style and the obvious change of season, I want to see what I know I am the first to see, while the rest of the world must wait, months probably.
I want fresh sushi, lobster and coffee, I want to walk behind the star that is enjoying this as much as me, grab a bagel or a juicy Nathan’s hotdog. I want to turn in any direction and see something interesting, unique, every crumb of this place that has it’s own identity. Though we rarely look up, we feel closer to the sky, above the rest of the world. See all these things and appreciate them and try to be different, unlike other places I’ve seen, that accept the norm/standard, bland comparisons amongst themselves, funny, and they compete at it too. We, on the other hand, ok on both hands, are colorful and light, we’re smiling, although it’s disguised to the human eye. Even when we are alone, we feel a part of the big picture of the apple. It’s big, red and juicy! Only in a place like this can this fruit be found. You are biting into something that only you can taste, a flavor that you will carry with you forever, and you know it’s true as you are the envy of every living creature that only dreams of standing in your shoes, that you bought at a bargain, as you dance to the tune that your neighbor is playing and smell the food cooking in the world outside your window. Life is full of energy and you are a part of the energy that makes up this life. You’ve joined a secret society that you would go down defending until the very end. You have a silent bond with the people, park, animals and art. You are one. Everyone one else stands out, you almost giggle inside because no one having this rich taste of cheesecake that you now have in your mouth…hehehe For the first time men in suits reading the paper of corporate America are cool, the old lady with the funny hat, or even the crowd of rebellious kids are a part of this recipe. Nothing is out of place, and nothing is better than being in this place.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM , Blogger Adele Nieves (Liquid Words Productions) said...

Oh goodness, how I long for this too. I have a lifetime membership. You brought it alive for me.

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger EvaSoul said...

Three weeks my darling Adele, three weeks!!! oh and my first stop is for a manicure/pedicure and thinking to get my hair done too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home