EvaSoul

Just me my thoughts, my writings, my blog space*

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I only want a percentage baby, I know you can’t give it all
You’ve got your family and I’ve got my respect.
There’s something we can’t deny, we both feel it and it’s another night.
I’m up thinking of you, you must be too.
Cuz in the morning, the first thing you do is call me or send me an email telling me how you couldn’t sleep.

Who can we turn to, how are we gonna sort this out.
Do we act foolishly or do we seek guidance.
Will it lead us away from our feelings, we both have this built up inside.

Maybe I should call a priest, and if he don’t have the answers, maybe I’ll go see my rabbi, and if he don’t say what I want to hear, I’ll pray to Allah. For some direction, because I don’t know what’s right anymore.

When it comes to you, I thought I’d always just say no.

My momma is gonna scream I think, my daddy’s gonna lose it.
What are my friends gonna say when they find out it’s you.
And your wife? My best friend, my confidant, she’s gonna lose her mind.

Don’t scream my name. You’re gonna lose your life and my life is gonna take a turn for the worse. Everything we’ve come to know will not be familiar anymore, and the tears, there will be streams of them.

We’ll have each other, or will we? And although that may be all we need now, it’s not a lot for me to live on, not for the rest of my life.

I’m gonna lose my family, my respect; my values will have no value. I had standards, but they will stand for nothing. I am not gonna lose my friends, I just can’t. I can’t let you lose your life, your wife, my friend, my confidant. So next time at this table don’t look at me that way. Don’t suggest with your eyes that you and I are connected because we are not, we cannot. Don’t pour my drink or make funny conversation, don’t be overly happy to see me, I am not here for you, look away and pretend I am not here. I will be watching you on the other side of this room, watching you - so don’t make any funny moves. I’ll be watching you.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM , Blogger Adele Nieves (Liquid Words Productions) said...

Whew! very deep. Sometimes we find love in the strangest places.

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger Adele Nieves (Liquid Words Productions) said...

Very deep. Sometimes we find love in the strangest places.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home